gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] 0.10 to do list

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] 0.10 to do list
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:26:57 -0500

Matt,

Basicly for this release, I want you to concentrate on new stuff, things
that move the program forward and make it more usable with more
features.  I, on the other hand, will concentrate mainly on fixing
anything that is broken, so I'll be redoing stuff that I either already
did or didn't do very well.

Stuff for you to do, sort of in order of importance:
        a way to create a search list in song list druid
        a way to modify a radio list
        a way to modify a search list
        (maybe a generic mechanism to modify a list)
        new icons for playlist
        new icons for playlist-chooser
        download percent notification
        find current song (menu item which goes to current playlist and scrolls
to current song)
        little box with song info like in itunes, goes under the
playlist-chooser.  it basicly shows important stuff for the current
song, like the album cover art, and relevant stuff (license, url links)
that is shown in the edit song info box, but it is not in editable form.
        plan ahead until DATE -- this would tell a given radio playlist to plan
ahead until a certain time, but not make it a permanenet, reoccuring
thing.  This could be useful if you want to plan ahead for an entire 3
hour party, for instance, so you can screen music before hand, but
otherwise it should only plan ahead 15 minutes.

And the things that I will be working on...
        restoration of search lists between sessions (requires changes in
libxml++ API, or I might just access the underlying libxml API)
        keep track of cache size and limit it
        web browser choosing -- i gotta figure out the best way to do
this...there might be a gconf key or something in gnome that i could
just tap into.
        album cover art -- a way to put it in RDF files and download it into
the program
        Fix the shuffle/search UI, so that shuffle lists are displayed, and so
that you don't have to click on "search" on the side to see the standard
search list.  This is my responsibility because it is halfway done
already.
        Fix the right click menu to stay open if you let go of the right
button.....you could look into this too
        Fix P2P timeout mechanisms
        Get all CC music on there, not just music with our specific metafile
format

And that's about all.  If we could actually do all that pretty soon, we
would be in amazing shape, and like, almost ready for a 1.0 release. :)

Take it easy, and let me know if you need more information about the
SongListSearch XML format.

Jim