gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] Re: Adopting foaf:Agent, also foaf:tipjar proposal

From: Jim Garrison
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] Re: Adopting foaf:Agent, also foaf:tipjar proposal
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:56:19 -0500

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 08:27, Nathan R. Yergler wrote:
> > I have a lame imagination, but how about a metadata-aware media player
> > that makes a "$", or "donate", or "patron" button active when playing
> > media that is associated with metadata that specifies a tipjar URI as
> > a 0th-generation app?

As soon as tipjar is adopted (or maybe sooner), I will add support to
Gnomoradio.  It already supports similar things as a superset of the CC
metadata (i.e. "Buy Album...").

For example, see http://gnomoradio.org/screenshots/

It will also have support for standard CC metadata in the coming weeks,
which will mean that a lot more music will be available on the system,
but many of the features such as file-sharing will not be possible with
only the CC portion of the metadata.

Jim