Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 RELEASE CANDIDATE and "heads up"s

From: Jason McCarty
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 RELEASE CANDIDATE and "heads up"s
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:12:34 -0500

James Blackwell wrote:
> In lists.arch.users, Jason wrote:
> >   2) $ tla my-default-archive address@hidden
> >      $ tla archive-mirror tla--devo--1.1
>  instead of archive name -> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> >      /tmp/tla-1.1-candiate0/src/tla/libarch/archives.c:36:botched invariant
> >          arch_valid_archive_name (archive_name)
> >      PANIC: exiting on botched invariant
> >
> >      The help text says it should treat address@hidden as MINE and
> >      tla--devo--1.1 as LIMIT. If you star-merge
> >      address@hidden/tla--devo--1.1 [1] that should be fixed. This
> >      could easily wait until 1.2 if you like.
> >

> This is an error in calling. You should be calling it one of these three
> ways.

I disagree. The help text says,
usage: tla archive-mirror [options] [{{from to} OR {mine}}]  [limit]
along with the words, "If no archive name parameters are provided, your
default archive is used and treated as a MINE parameter." To me, this
clearly indicates that the archive and limit parameters are
syntactically independent, so "archive-mirror tla--devo--1.1" is an
acceptable usage, which should be equivalent to
"archive-mirror `tla my-default-archive` tla--devo--1.1". I find this
usage extremely convenient, as I only mirror parts of my archive to my
public mirror.

Jason