Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 RELEASE CANDIDATE and "heads up"s

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-1.1 RELEASE CANDIDATE and "heads up"s
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:46:21 -0500

>> This is an error in calling. You should be calling it one of these three
>> ways.
>
> I disagree. The help text says,
> usage: tla archive-mirror [options] [{{from to} OR {mine}}]  [limit]
> along with the words, "If no archive name parameters are provided, your
> default archive is used and treated as a MINE parameter." To me, this
> clearly indicates that the archive and limit parameters are
> syntactically independent, so "archive-mirror tla--devo--1.1" is an
> acceptable usage, which should be equivalent to
> "archive-mirror `tla my-default-archive` tla--devo--1.1". I find this
> usage extremely convenient, as I only mirror parts of my archive to my
> public mirror.

(address@hidden/tla--devo--1.1--patch-57)
Ok. I've put a patch into my queue that changes the help for
archive-mirror to the following:

<--snip
tla archive-mirror [options] [from [to] [limit]]

If no arguments are given, update your `my-default-archive'-MIRROR
archive with the contents of `my-default-archive'.

If a [FROM] archive is given, update the [FROM]-MIRROR archive with
the contents of the [FROM] archive

If both [FROM] and [TO] archives are specified, update [TO] with
the contents of [FROM]

If LIMIT is provided, it should be a category, branch,
version, or revision name.  Only the indicated part
of FROM will be copied to TO.

(see "tla make-archive -H".).
<--snip

> Jason

Thanks, Jason!

--
James Blackwell        Using I.T. to bring more                570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix        business to your business        http://inframix.com