Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla1.2 on cygwin
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:11:14 -0500

Robert Collins wrote:

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 17:33, Aaron Bentley wrote:
The tradeoffs are
Leroy: requires Cygwin.
Berg: requires NTFS
SFU: requires SFU & NTFS
(All require Windows NT or descendant)

Cygwin doesn't require NT. It may for Leroy's code, but cygwin itself
doesn't, and thus Leroy's code -should- be malleable to working on
win9x.
I haven't written much Windows code, but Leroy says Fat32 doesn't support the notion of inodes. So tla would have to change a lot to work there.

I agree. It's great to see the strides that have been made in porting Arch to Windows. Ultimately, I think we do want a single Windows port. Having 3 versions with essentially the same features will only lead to user confusion. But I don't think we need to pick one right away and toss the others.

Don't be confused, they are three different ports. The SFU work is /not/
a windows platform.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. SFU is a Windows subsystem, and the SFU work is a port to Windows. I never meant it was Win32.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Manager of Information Technology