Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla panic

From: Na Li
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla panic
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:14:54 -0500

On 13 May 2004, Jan Hudec told this:

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 08:45:00 -0500, Na Li wrote: >
> > I'm using tla 1.2 on Mac OX 10.3.3.
> >
> > Now and then I got this:
> >
> > bass$ tla file-diffs Wiki/Teaching/BiostatOne/ConceptsTechniquesReview
> > PANIC: execvp for diff returned to caller
>
> When execvp returns to the caller it means, that it can't run diff at
> all. For some reason, tla can't find diff (does not have it in $PATH or
> perhaps has full path compiled in that is no longer valid) or does not
> have permissions to run it.

I have two versions of diffs installed.  The fink one is in $PATH (I also
have had this problem before I installed fink diffutil.  The build-in
diff is at /usr/bin so should be available.)

That said, I also tried to recompile tla with built-in path (using
--with gnu-diff=/sw/bin/diff) and that did not solve the problem.

In addition, I don't always have the problem.  It sprung up sometime ago
and just does not want to go away.

Is there a way of debugging this?

Michael