Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there ar

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "tla commit" generates a patch-set even if there are no changes
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:28:43 -0400

In lists.arch.users, you wrote:
> James Blackwell wrote:
>>>I just recently had to fix a script that used to work fine, because
>>>James fixed tla's "delta" command to take a "--diffs" option in place of
>>>its former "--report" option.
>>

>> Sorry. :(
>
> I'll be okay.  I just wish you hadn't taken away -n.  I liked being able
> to use "delta" like "changes".

I'll probably regret asking this (grin) but why did you like using delta
instead of changes?

The way I interpreted delta at the time was either you wanted a
changeset, or you wanted a diff. It seemed logical to me that if you
wanted a diff, then you weren't looking for a changeset, and I folded -n
into the default operation for --diff (which was a rename from --report)

--
James Blackwell          Please do not send me carbon copies of mailing
Smile more!              list posts. Such mail is unsolicited. Thank you!