Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Some issues
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:52:37 +0200

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:

>>       * The idea to automatically subject files to revision control,
>>         based on regular expressions, is very hard to deal with for
>>         users. While being an interesting experiment, it does not lead
>>         to increased usability.
>
> You don't have to - just use tla add, and ignore the warnings about
> untagged files matching the source regexp.  Or just delete the warning
> in your copy of tla.  Really, this is just a trivial UI issue.

You don't have to /unless your naming policy violates the one of tla/.
Having a "core" directory[1], or trying to add a .so file in the
archive is not possible without editting =tagging-method. But you
don't want to do that every days fortunately! :o)

--
Matthieu

[1] I've already seen that in a hardware project (core has a special
meaning for hardware people). They realized it wasn't a good idea the
day a trainee typed "find . -name core | xargs rm -rf" !!