[Gnu-arch-users] Comparisons with Perforce

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Comparisons with Perforce
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 20:34:31 +1000

Hi People,

I've know some people at a small company who are bumping into
the limitations of CVS and beginning to look elsewhere. The
develoement model they are most likely to be happy with is
once of a centralised repository with commits being done via
sftp as per section 1.2.4 of the Wiki. I will particularly
be pushing tla's star-merge and replay features as I know that
is the thing that branching and merging is that thing caused the
most trouble with CVS.

The other system they are looking at is Perforce which I know
nothing about. Is there anyone here that has used Perforce
and can tell me the main advantages tla has over Perforce for
the centralised development these people will be doing? Is
there anything Perforce does better than Arch so I can do my
best to gloss over it? :-)

TIA,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  address@hidden (Yes it's valid)
"Linux is produced to be used, whereas the others are produced
to be sold"  -- Bobby D. Bryant