Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch roadmap 1 (and "what's tom up to")
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 15:26:53 +1000

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 09:49, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

> I'm telling you that if people reading about arch find out that
> they have to learn how to program in some new language, they will stay
> away.

Ha. Ha. Ha.
Like they won't use arch because of typing too much, or the braces,

Seriously, users of arch are *already* programming in several new
languages:
- the state machine for arch that takes in file ids, patch levels etc to
do what arch does.
- the various configuration files (check files for instance are a
trivial language - and no, it's not shell)

What will come of furth is an interesting question, and I'll be watching
it closely. But I'm sure that driving users away is the last thing on
Tom's mind.

Rob