[Gnu-arch-users] [Fwd: Editor Needed for the Arch Category of the Open D

From: Robert Collins
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [Fwd: Editor Needed for the Arch Category of the Open Directory Project]
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 21:12:14 +1000

On IRC it was asked if this could be forwarded to the list,...

Rob

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Editor Needed for the Arch Category of the Open Directory Project Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:09:54 +0300 User-agent: KMail/1.6.1
Hi Mr. Collins!

My name is Shlomi Fish and I am an Dmoz.org (or Open Directory Project)
editor. One of my responsibilities is the version control tools-realted
category:

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Configuration_Management/Tools/

Now, I created a sub-directory for Arch:

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Configuration_Management/Tools/Arch/

and populated it with 4 links I was aware of. However, there are probably more
that are of interest, which I'm not aware of because I'm not using Arch and
am not involved in the Arch community.

So I'm looking for a volunteering editor to take over this specific category
and contribute more links and maintain it. A similar thing happened with the
Subversion category that I created, and someone volunteered to edit it (which
was not my initiative at the time), and it was quickly filled with
interesting links.

If you are already a Dmoz editor, then ask for permissions to edit this
category. If not, you can follow the usual procedures for registering at
dmoz, and then ask for it as your first category. You may wish to synchronize
everything on the mailing list first, so dmoz won't be crowded with requests
for editing this category.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      address@hidden