Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin

From: lode . leroy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Dirname caching for leroy's tla on cygwin
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 13:54:58 +0200 (CEST)

I also implemented the DOS-8.3 style filenames for pathcompress.

When I described this hack to Johannes Berg, I thought
that his implementation of tla/win32 would be much better/faster/sooner
implemented....

So, could folks please try this out?

This actually creates full-length paths in the filesystem,
and uses a loophole in the API:

accessing a path called

./{arch}/hello-world/hello-world--mainline/hello-world--mainline--0.1/

under the name

./{arch}/HELLO-~1/HELLO-~1/HELLO-~1.1

actually gets to the first one... this way, each directory level uses
at most 13 chars, which gives us 248/13 = 19 levels. This should be
more than enough.

-- lode

Plaats je zoekertjes GRATIS op AdValvas
Placez votre petite annonce GRATUITEMENT sur AdValvas
http://www.advalvas.be