Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering

From: Jeremy Shaw
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering to?
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 13:13:19 -0700

At Sun, 04 Jul 2004 21:36:53 +0200,
Matthieu Moy wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I was just wondering if there was a way to know, from a changeset
> directory, which revision the changeset was computed from.
>
> Typically, if I type
>
> $ tla get-changeset \
>     address@hidden/xtla--main--0.1--patch-334 /tmp/foo
>
> and then send /tmp/foo to someone else, will that person have an easy
> way to know that this changeset corresponds to revision
> address@hidden/xtla--main--0.1--patch-334 ?
>
> If this revision is not a merge of another one, I can just look at the
> directory ./new-files-archive/{arch}/ and I will find only one
> patch-log entry, which will give me the name of the revision.
>
> If the revision is a merge of another, then I have to find the
> patch-log entry containing each other.
>
> If the changeset is not just the changeset for one revision, then the
> problem becomes really complex.
>
> So, I have two questions:
>
> 1) Did I miss something? Is there an easier way to do it?

It's probably easier to use show-changeset, than poke around in
/tmp/foo by hand. Using show-changeset has the same merge
complexity issues though...

 $ tla show-changeset /tmp/foo
* added directories

    debian
    debian/.arch-ids
    {arch}/project/project--debian
    {arch}/project/project--debian/project--debian--1.0.0
    {arch}/project/project--debian/project--debian--1.0.0/address@hidden

{arch}/project/project--debian/project--debian--1.0.0/address@hidden/patch-log

* added files

    debian/.arch-ids/=id