Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to know which revision a changeset is refer

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to know which revision a changeset is refering to?
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:02:29 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 15:37:17 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Matthieu Moy <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'm a bit lost here because I don't have a real understanding on what
> > problem having a changeset in a separate directory answers to.
>
> Well, they're a primitive that higher-level arch stuff is built-upon.
>
> Personally I usually use these for unfinished changes that I want to
> post-pone.  I usually store them in the working directory anyway, and
> just apply them later to the current directory.  Sometimes I tar them
> up and send them in email or something, but it's always very clear from
> context where to apply them.

And this is the very situation where it would be useful to have record
agains which version the changeset was made. Let's say I hack on
something. Then find that it won't fly until I merge changes from
someone else. They are a little bigger though. And when I redo, it
produces conflicts. I would like to be able to use diff3 on it. But my
best hope is to call it manualy, though it would be a matter of trivial
script if the base revision was recorded somewhere.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>