Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to know which revision a changeset is refering to?
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 08:16:25 +0200

Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would actualy be very useful, if a changeset had it's base recorded.
>> But it would have to be standard and machine-parseable. Then it could be
>> used for 3-way merge tools.
>
> The scheme commonly used for doing this is called "arch". It's a
> system for publishing changesets with ancestry data.

;-)

True off course. Publishing an archive and sending a merge request is
a good and simple way to send a changeset to someone.

Still, some people seem to like being able to send changesets (for
example, by email). Right now, I'm not part of this category of
people, but still, I'd like to offer them features similar to "public
archive + merge request", in xtla.

I'm a bit lost here because I don't have a real understanding on what
problem having a changeset in a separate directory answers to.

--
Matthieu