Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:30:55 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
> address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>> I've tried "submission branches" and in my experience they're a pain in
>> the rear. I personally suspect that you're pushing "submission branches"
>> as a political tool to discourage diverging (and eventually forking)
>> branches. What better way to control development, then to encourage
>> submitters to keep their patches scattered around in different branches?
>> That way, patches aren't concentrated into development trees that pose a
>> potential threat to tla (a.k.a. "Tom Lord's Arch").
>
> You've got to be kidding.

I'm absolutely serious. That's what I suspect is going on. I think he's
killing two birds with one stone. I say that because of conversations
I've had with him that I'm not at liberty to discuss.

If Tom is willing to allow me to make those private discussions public,
I'll be more than willing to explain, at length, exactly why I think
that way.