Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch Roadmap Draft (the anticipated part 3)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:28:34 -0400

> address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:
>>> Um, James, you made a pretty wild accusation without offering any
>>> support for it.  It's not Tom's job to "prove" that he isn't playing
>>> Stupid Political Games, the onus is on you to show that your accusation
>>> was justified.
>>
>> Again, I'm more than willing to offer support, provided Tom is willing
>> to allow me to share private conversations I've had with him.

Miles Bader:
> Sure, but understand that until (and unless) he does, the whole thing
> casts a pretty dim light on you.

How so? I've told no lies. I've not mistated opinions as fact. I've also
gone a step further and offered to provide the reasons in detail on why
I think the way I do, provided Tom acquiences.

I don't like betraying confidences any more than you do. I want to give
Tom the chance to either publically explain why my suspicion is unfounded
(he should know the reasons why I suspect this), step forward and admit
it. He could also choose to minimize his participation by saying "Yeah,
James, go ahead". Its only in case that he performs none of these that
I should begin to consider the responsibilities as a whistleblower over
the responsibilities of keeping a confidance.

I of course can not prove what he is thinking, but I can prove
that my suspicion isn't a crackpot theory, and is instead a reasonable
conjecture.

Be patient, Miles