Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cygwin tla binary snapshot for Windows

From: Ron Parker
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Cygwin tla binary snapshot for Windows
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:43:11 -0500

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:59:27 -0500, John Meinel <address@hidden> wrote:

> Actually, I understand that part completely. What I didn't understand is
> what process is being spawned specifically for "http get". I would have
> thought that tla was connecting over the socket itself and negotiating
> the conversation, not spawning a processes to do the download.

I don't believe it is spawning a process for the download.  This is
handled through hackerlab.  In your tla src directory you should find
a file, docs-hackerlab/html/url-socket.html, entitled "A VU Handle for
the URL Socket Scheme".

Oh, great Tom implemented YASI (Yet Another Scheme Interpreter) just
for dealing with URLs. Just kidding.