Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:51:23 -0700

On Jul 12, 2004, at 6:30 PM, James Blackwell wrote:

Nobody has veto power on US actions. I find it
interesting that the US media still believe that
this
European-American divide is about telling the US
what
to do. How quaint.

Yet. I think this will change in the next 75 years.

Sorry for asking a naive question...in what way do you
think this will change?

I think that within 75 years, the UN will have veto power on US actions.

I can't see any sovereign country putting up with that. I could however see more and more UN actions as more of UN membership are democratic countries. Perhaps the Council of Democratic Nations would then vote on whether or not to take some action.

 On the other hand, on three occasions someone has asked for UN approval
of a military action. Name the 3 countries involved.

 Pierce