Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: nadim
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:14:50 +0200

Hi,

Well I'm a bit desapointed! IMVHO, what does this have to do with  "facism
gaining ground in US"?

Don't missunderstand me, I think the subject is interresting and I am
thankful to get that information but as I once pointed out (to Tim if I am
right) talking about what the other do, doesn't change nothing in what you
do or don't.

To throw some gas on the flammes I'd say:

- moving an election date because of an imminent ("real") danger has IMO
nothing to do with fascism. It was just the day's subject and everybody
jumped on it instead for looking at the long going fascistic activities.

- IMO the US has been a fascistic state for half a century! I don't like
Bush but I stopped being a dreammer as soon as as became politicaly"
(more) mature and that was long before bush

- I'm afraid that there are few US citizens ready for a discussion with
,say, europeans because they (most often and there are great exception)
are on the defensive all the time (I wonder why).

- Want to compare with europeans, let's start comparing bombs amounts and
usage, attentats, terrorist activities, support for fascistic states,
military support, falsness, comitment to ideas that are only because of
the financial aspect (we can skip Irak (you  can't even fool yourselves
anymore on that one)), etc ... As a side point, do you know that many
europeans coutry teach about the US history and political system
(including France). While we are on that point let's compare the
educational system.

Two very important points:

(sorry I don't have the source) , 70% of the europeans think that the most
dangerous man in the world is Bush (I am and that's because I think he is
a fascist).

The states doesn't rate very well when it comes to the respect europeans
(those I know and talk with) gives them. Many think you have what you
deserve but most make the diffrence between the US policies and the people
making the US. You (the people) think you stand for something good and
have values, most (of us) belive you but it's getting harder. Not because
the people are doing things that are wrong but because they support the
governement that do things that are wrong and when you don't support them,
they get done anyway.

Now this is my opinion and I believe it's share by many but those who don't
agree with me are very welcome to counter.

Hope is in the discussion (and evolution thereof), Nadim.