Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?

From: John Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:58:58 -0500

Well, one thing is that we aren't asking for a change in the archive
format. That is a hard sell because that is actively shared among
different people, and that breaks compatibility. What we are asking for
is a local change to a working directory. And if necessary, only on
win32. To me that's a much smaller request, which should make it more
palatable.

I'm wondering if we just switched to
c/b/v/p-nn and
c/v/p-nn
If there would be a lot of problem? If I have to give a special case
(such as =null), then we might as well make the special case be the
truly empty directory. IIRC, branches can't have a '.' in them, and
versions can't have anything but [0-9.] in them. And when I just tried
it wouldn't let me create cat--0--0, I'm guessing there is a restriction
on branches that forces them to have a letter.
So c/b/v/p-nn should be trivially separable from c/v/p-nn.

John
=:->