[Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MA

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MAX
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:11:03 +0900

Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
>>>Every so often, I think a --changeset option for commit would be handy.
>>> Then I think "nah, that would be too low-level", and "that could be
>>>dangerous".  But this is another time I'm thinking it would be handy.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be simpler to just invoke the hook after the real commit
>> changeset has been created (if the hook fails, the changeset would be
>> deleted).
>
> It's not as flexible a solution, but it would work fine for what you're
> talking about.

To be honest, a `commit --changeset' option might be useful for some
things, but I don't see would help for my case -- surely you want such a
hook to work for every commit, regardless of how the user invoked it!

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that