Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MA

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] How to support arch on systems with a small PATH_MAX
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:31:36 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> And while you're at it, I'd actually rather see fslint do *more*. For
> example, I'd like to see a fslint check against every file that gets
> added in tla. In other words:
>
> $ tla commit
> tla:
> New file 'some\\screwy\\file' incompatible on these filesystems:

This sort of thing is entirely project-specific -- I certainly have no
intention of restricting my projects with DOS filename limitations!

Sounds like a pre-commit hook to me (or at most, perhaps some sort of
rules-file stored in {arch}).

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff