Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla tag's help text
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:16:01 -0400

Zenaan wrote:
> I have just got it in my head for the first time, that a tag is a
> _branch_, not a label (at least, that's what it appears to be by
> my reading of the docs).

Well, closer, but still not quite right.  Think of tag as a symbolic
link that is usually (but not always) used to denote that "base-0 here
is really patch-something there".

That will give you an understanding of tags that will work about 95% of
the time, and will get you close enough to figure out what happens if
somebody happens to tag this--that--##--patch-34 to some other revision
in some other version.