Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to l

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] "reply all" etiquette: reply-all vs. reply'ing to list
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:49:41 +0200

address@hidden (James Blackwell) writes:

> John Meinel wrote:
>> What I would like to see is the list set Reply-To, then just plain reply
>> is reply-list.
>
> I vote for this too.

I don't.

Automatic Reply-To makes personnal replies really difficult to do (in
most mailers, the only solution would be to copy the address of the
person you want to reply to, reply, delete the To: field, and paste
the address), and an unfortunate reply-all is I think _much_ more
harmfull than an unfortunate single reply.

(Well, actually, I don't mind since I'll anyway program my mailer to
ignore this reply-to field for gua if it gets set)

--
Matthieu