Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch Versus CVS Versus Subversoin
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 16:25:22 -0800

On Dec 4, 2004, at 16:06, Tom Browder wrote:

Does arch offer or plan to offer those three features (CVS rtag equivalent,
binary diff, CVSROOT equivalent)?

There has been discussion of binary diffs a while back, but I don't remember quite what came out of it.

What do these other features mean to you, though? subversion is meant to be a better CVS, while arch is meant to be a better revision control system. In order to do this, you have to not assume that the CVS way of doing things is the best way.

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish. ``tla tag'' might do what you require from rtag.

It would probably be in your best interest to learn the arch way of doing things and see if you can still tolerate the CVS way of doing things afterwards. :)

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>