Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] changes: tree shows no revisions in version ?
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:24:19 -0600

Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

Hi!

We have modified files in the project tree. Now I want to see the changes
and run 'tla changes' at the top of the tree. I get back

$ tla changes

changes: tree shows no revisions in version
 tree: /home/sm/dev/projects/proj-r4
 version: address@hidden/proj-r4--pre1--0.18

What shall I do next to figure out the problem?

Andrei

How did you get your working tree? Is this a newly created tree (where you run tla init-tree), or is it something that you checked out?

If this is a new tree (from tla init-tree) then there is no old version to compare against (since nothing has been added to the archive yet). You need to do a tla import first, and then you can do tla changes from there on.

If this is a tree that you checked out, it sounds like you deleted some patch logs inside the {arch} directory (probably accidentally).

The way tla tells what revision your tree is on is first by checking the file {arch}/++default-version to find out what version the tree should be. The it looks for patch-logs for that version, and the latest one is the revision. If you have removed the patch-logs, then it has nothing to tell it what revision the tree is. And thus, nothing to compare against.

I'm not sure how to get out of this state, I can think of a couple things, but nothing really definite.

John
=:->