Re: [Gnu-arch-users] getting the diff represented by a revision name

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] getting the diff represented by a revision name
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:31:16 -0500

martin f krafft wrote:

Given a revision name, such as foobar--main--0--patch-4, is it
somehow possible to obtain the diff it encapsulates?

The idea is that arch-trigger gives me foobar--main--0--patch-4 and
I want to include diffs in the commit mails it sends. So, without
some magic to figure out what revision preceeded
foobar--main--0--patch-4 (which is not really trivial), using 'tla
delta', and working with the temporary directory it drops, is there
an easier way?

This is "get-changeset"

baz get-changeset foobar--main--0--patch-4 ,p4
baz show-changeset ,p4
baz show-changset --diffs ,p4
(I believe in the future this will be --diff)

The ,p4 is an arbitrary name to put the changeset. I prefix with a comma
because that prevents the patchset from being considered "source".

John
=:->