Re: [Gnu-arch-users] importing a deep directory structure

From: Spundun Bhatt
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] importing a deep directory structure
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 11:31:15 -0700

Thomas Lord wrote:
Silly newbie :-)

Seriously, look at the help message, play around, post slower.
Yr on the right track.
I ended up using the following.
find . |grep -v "{arch}" |xargs tla add-id

And then edited =tagging-method to include .cvsignore .

tla tree-lint did not work for me because there is no (or I can't find any, tla-1.3.3-2/Fedora Core 4) recurse option. as in it doesn't list files inside an untagged directory.... but when using as a substitute for "cvs import" I obviously have such directories ... so the only way I could think of was to repeatedly execute tla tree-lint -t |xargs tla add-id for about ... I dont know, roughly 12 times because it will go only one level deeper in the directory structure every time.

oh and tla import doesn't have any option to add files (which is one of the implied functions of cvs import, I guess I am comparing apples to windows :) ). can't it just have an option to add all the untagged source files? (ok chances are that this has probably been discussed here before and somehow elegance and simplicity prohibits this, ignore this if you are annoyed by the question)

Believe it or not but I have been using tla for years now, so I don't even have the newbie excuse (can still use the silly part I guess :) ). But I haven't done an import in more than a year I think. I thought I found some directions on this somewhere on the web at that time.. but yesterday I spent a lot of time on the wiki and couldn't find anything tailored for doing a cvs import equivalent ( the closest was ofcourse tla init-tree hello--dev--1.0 tla add file... tla import -S).

Anyways, I think I am on my way to not having to worry about this for another 2 years.

Thank you.
Spundun

-t

Spundun Bhatt wrote:
Spundun Bhatt wrote:
Thomas Lord wrote:
tree-lint and xargs should be your friends for mass additions
to inventory and if they fail in some way at that, then that
is a bug.
address@hidden pathscale-compiler-sources-2.4-2006.03.27]$ tla tree-lint | xargs tla add-id xargs: unmatched single quote; by default quotes are special to xargs unless you use the -0 option
address@hidden pathscale-compiler-sources-2.4-2006.03.27]$

I think theres some problem with extra blank lines at the end (fedora core4) I am still trying to figureout the best way to work around this.

Oh, I think its the first line.. which reads
These files would be source but lack inventory ids (`tla add' or a tagline perha
ps?):

Spundun

GNU arch home page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnu-arch/