Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnuarch.org

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnuarch.org
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:50:22 +0100

Hi,

John Evans <address@hidden> writes:

>       I've attempted to connecto to www.gnuarch.org and
> wiki.gnuarch.org over the past week with no success. My Googling for
> answers on migration methods has also failed. Does anyone have any
> migration documentation for going from CVS to Arch on a server other
> than gnuarch.org?

First, what do you mean by "migration"?  Converting your old CVS
repositories to Arch archives, or just switching to Arch for your new
projects?  The former wouldn't be straightforward AFAIK (and perhaps
wouldn't make much sense) while the latter is hopefully not too hard
given the tutorial.

>       I did manage to find
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial-old/arch.html but this
> URL has not been updated since 2003, and I'm afraid that it may be out
> of date.

A slightly revised version of the tutorial is visible at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch/tutorial/index.html

It does not contain any "GNU Arch for CVS users" section, but I've found
it a good place to start learning about Arch.

Hope this helps,
Ludovic.