Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnuarch.org

From: Tim Gokcen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] gnuarch.org
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:27:06 -0500

I think what you want to do is "tla import" the earliest CVS revision into a new TLA archive (have a look at the GNU Arch tutorials for a guide on how to do this), and then run something like:

for tagname in <list of CVS tags, in order>
do
        cvs update -r $tagname
        until `tla tree-lint -t > /dev/null`
        do
                for newfile in `tla tree-lint -t`
                do
                        tla add $newfile
                done
        done
        tla commit -s "CVS tag $tagname" \
                -L "CVS synch with tag $tagname"
done

With such a script, your new Arch repository would not have the complete history of *every* file, but it would have one revision for every one of your tagged releases. Assuming there's nothing *too* weird going on with your source tree, of course...

John Evans wrote:
My company has migrated all other development teams from CVS to Arch, and it's time for my team to do the migration as well. The person in charge of the other migrations is gone, and there is no one else in the company that knows much beyond the basics of update/commit. It's fallen to me to do the migration to my team. I've attempted to connecto to www.gnuarch.org and wiki.gnuarch.org over the past week with no success. My Googling for answers on migration methods has also failed. Does anyone have any migration documentation for going from CVS to Arch on a server other than gnuarch.org?

--
Tim Gokcen
address@hidden