Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 18:45:34 +0100

Alfred M. Szmidt, le dim. 27 oct. 2019 13:30:38 -0400, a ecrit:
> The principles of this project are quite clearly written down, and
> http://gnu.org/ contains all of them.

If it was clearly written down, we would not need strong governance to
enforce it.

See

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-misc-discuss/2019-10/msg00002.html

«
One practical problem with that is of course interpreting what the GNU
way is. We all probably have a feeling of what is and isn't the GNU
way, but it is actually hard to describe the core. That is not because
we haven't documented that, but ironically because we have documented
so much :) Just look at the documents that a GNU maintainer is supposed
to interpret and decide whether or not they are applicable to their
project and/or use to write more specialized policy for their project:
»

Samue: