Re: MIDI to sheet music

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: MIDI to sheet music
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:38:38 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> (Question for gnu-music-discuss: Does anyone know of a way to improve
> midi2ly's performance, or is it just something that needs work before
> it can be a really useful tool?)

The rhythmic quantization of midi2ly is quite naive; you might want to
look into signal processing techniques (wavelets, windowed fourier
transforms, etc.) to do quantization more precisely.

On the whole, I'd appreciate a rewrite of the program, perhaps in
Python. The C++ approach is rather clumsy for what it is doing.