c1. in 6/8

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: c1. in 6/8
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:59:20 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> What I wanted out of writing c1. in 6/8 was just a shorthand for
> writing c2. ~ c2.  That seems like the "right thing" to me.

It doesn't seem so for me. If you want a dotted whole note, you get
one, regardless of the time-signature.  Lily doesn't do any expansion,
although it might just be done with an appropriate amount of hacking.

Note that musixtex doesn't have anything to do with LilyPond, and I
seriously doubt whether you have MusiXTeX installed.

> seemed so common sense that I misread the documentation.  If you
> want to keep wierd defaults, at least make very deliberate note
> about it the documentation.

I'll add a note.