Re: FW: Professional ???

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: FW: Professional ???
Date: 13 Dec 2000 16:34:18 -0500

    Mats> However, one general problem is that there are some broken
    Mats> features in every patch level. It's easy to say that
    Mats> 1.2.17 is extremely old and recommend people to use a
    Mats> more recent version. However, I don't know exactly which
    Mats> 1.3.xx version to recommend since the answer will depend
    Mats> on which features they want to use.
    Mats> I've mentioned this earlier and know that it'd be easy
    Mats> to create a "Broken features" list in WikiWiki.

I support this idea.  I finally got most of what I needed with a
couple of patches to 1.3.107, so if I find something hideously wrong
with 1.3.116 (I haven't yet, but I've been busy with other things), I
can roll back to that.  But I started this round of trying lilypond in
1.3.92, and it was a long time between then and the patches to
1.3.107, and something pretty serious was broken in every version in
between.

    Mats> Keep up with the good work, I'm looking forward to a
    Mats> stable 1.4.0.

Me too.  And maybe the WikiWiki can make it easier to know where to
start on 1.4.x.  Maybe it can have pointers to the changes for each
version, too.  After all, there's no point in a new user starting with
anything later than the stable version until there's a new feature of
interest.

--
Laura (mailto:address@hidden , http://www.laymusic.org )

(If I haven't invited you to my party on December 17 yet, I'm sure
it's an oversight.  Check it out at http://www.laymusic.org/party.html.)