Re: gnu packaging ideas

From: pancake
Subject: Re: gnu packaging ideas
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 02:43:59 +0200

> Yes, please, let's _try_ to avoid the pre/post install/deinstall scripts
> at all cost. They tend to create too many inconsistencies and weird
> behaviours.

There's some kind of pre-post installation scripts that maybe useful imho,
but maybe good to provide at least an "instructions" for the packages that
need some kind of special user (www, spamassassin, tor, ...),

> Who is woking on this SEXP package manager thing?

We are :), So..any new idea? I think we must start showing some initial
designs for the package destriptor.

--pancake