Re: gnu packaging ideas

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: gnu packaging ideas
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:08:19 +0200 (CEST)

   > Yes, please, let's _try_ to avoid the pre/post install/deinstall
   > scripts at all cost. They tend to create too many inconsistencies
   > and weird behaviours.

   There's some kind of pre-post installation scripts that maybe
   useful imho, but maybe good to provide at least an "instructions"
   for the packages that need some kind of special user (www,
   spamassassin, tor, ...),

We shouldn't need such a file with instructions.  The kitten
translator will take care of adding users to the main /etc/passwd
file, and other such files.

Happy hacking!