Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project

From: Wilson Bustos
Subject: Re: Joint statement on the GNU Project
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:44:21 -0400

Why should GuixSD feminist?
Free software movement is no about popularity, is about freedom.

If woman's come to the project should be for what we are, not because we will became a feminist movement.

Of course is some way the project is politics, but free software politics not gender identity politics, that is something completely different.

So, I don't know if I miss understand what you tried to say or not.

So please make this point more clean.

Regards.

El sáb., 12 de octubre de 2019 09:38, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) <address@hidden> escribió:
On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 03:06:31PM +0200, Jean Louis wrote:
> Ludovic Courtès and Andy Wingo and other people who are introducing
> their pro-feminist political views into the apolitical GNU project
> are mixing the independent GNU project with their feminist stances.

Thank you for making clear arguments.  I believe there is disagreement
with some core points.

GNU projects should be feminist, because losing contributors, users
and advocates because of toxic behavior harms free software.  This is
not unrelated politics.  It is very important.

IMHO it would be sad to lose the support of RMS who continues to do so
much for GNU.  Endorsing RMS as the GNU Project’s leader could be seen
as endorsing bad behavior though which harms the GNU operating system.

I thank the GNU maintainers for their stance and am sorry for
prolonging this discussion even though all arguments were already
given somewhere before.

Regards,
Florian