Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: RMS: users request you perhaps program HURD: they fear the path the linux kernel is going.
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 12:12:55 +0100

Le jeudi 14 novembre 2019, 06:19:54 CET Alfred M. Szmidt a écrit :
> GNU dmd was never intended for the Hurd, it was far more general in
> spirit.

Oh I must have misread or misrecalled then, thank you very much for
correction.

> I also don't think that shepherd is a better name, dmd far better
> describes the intent Wolfgang and I had when we wrote and designed it.

Then shepherd fits less well than I thought (because of the pun of shep-
herd/hurd).  Yet it is more understandable than an acronym… thought the
acronym meaning directly explains its usage.

> Infact, most of the commands now make little sense...

This is really unfortunate :( I didn’t look much further since then