[open-cobol-list] setting up Open and tiny problems

From: vince coen
Subject: [open-cobol-list] setting up Open and tiny problems
Date: Sat Jan 7 12:19:22 2006

Hi All;

I've been trying to compile tiny and open cobols on my Mandriva 2005LE x86
based box with a lot of problems.

On tiny: with ./configure I get errors regarding db4 being seen.
I have downloaded and run configure, make, make install on db-4.4.16 which set
up directory at /usr/local/Berkeleydb.4.4 but tiny configure produces this:

....... other lines cut ...
Beginning DB library header search sequence
checking for db_185.h... no
checking for db.h... yes
Beginning DB library test link sequence
checking if db.h header belongs to version 1.x \(1.85-2\)... no
configure: error: header db.h for library db version 1.x \(1.85-2\) not
found... aborting

On Opencobol (0.32) using ./configure --with-db4 I get:

... lines cut here ...
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dbopen... no
checking gmp.h usability... yes
checking gmp.h presence... yes
checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for __gmp_rand in -lgmp... yes
checking ltdl.h usability... yes
checking ltdl.h presence... yes
checking for ltdl.h... yes
checking for lt_dlopen in -lltdl... no
configure: error: libltdl is required

I have also installed (./config, make, make install etc) libtool v1.5.22,
ncources 5.5

Can anyone help me get cobol in both guises setup and running?

Thanks,

Vince.