Re: [open-cobol-list] Help understanding this behaviour

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Help understanding this behaviour
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 23:09:51 -0400

Hi Charles, Hello Paul, Hi Michael

This all makes sense now. The "problem" is actually on the receiving end where a sort of buffer overflow occurs when the additional memory locations are read due to the mismatched values.

I suppose in production code, it's not very often that someone would just want to send a string in quotes only anyways. I am probably getting tripped up with quick mock up code.

This information will help a lot, getting used to the PIC based type system takes a bit of time but I think I am well on my way now.

Have a great night guys !

-Patrick