Re: [open-cobol-list] What do you think of JCL ?

From: Dave Stratford
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] What do you think of JCL ?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:53:58 +0100

On 20 Sep, Vincent Coen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Dave;

> On Friday 20 Sep 2013 17:52:15 Dave Stratford wrote:

> > One of my favourite commands in SCL is the WHENEVER command, which is
> > usually used to trap errors, and allow job and program drivers to fail
> > gracefully.
> >
> > If anyone wants some samples, I have loads here.

> I am curious, is your site (or client/s) still running ICM 39 kit.

It's not called series 39 any more, but yes, there's still some VME kit
around. In fact I'm starting a new 3 month contract on VME this coming
Monday.

> I did go to the trouble of seeing if there was any work for an old
> ex-prog in the late 2000's but could not find any vacs, well at least
> not for contractors or short service jobs contracts so ending up
> retiring instead and retiring is not all its cracked up to be, some
> days can get boring as there is only so much you can upgrade on a linux
> based system :)

There's very little around now. In fact it's 14 months since I last saw a
VME contract, and about 8 since I last saw a permy job in VME.

Dave

--
Hexagon Systems Ltd       Experts in VME solutions    www.hexagon-systems.co.uk
HSL Webz                  Experts in web design              www.hsl-webz.co.uk