Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:01:36 -0800

Thi wrote:

> the following gtp-commands.sed produces @example instead of
> @verbatim.  using it, i am able to do "make gnugo.pdf".
> unfortunately, "make gnugo.ps" results in another error.

Thanks! But here's another problem with gtp-commands.sed. At the moment
my desktop machine is a PowerBook G4 running X stuff with Fink. (I'll
have this machine until about December 15, after which
I return to Stanford.) I should be able to build GNU Go
without trouble, and indeed the engine builds OK. But I get
into trouble with make in doc/:

sed -f TMP.sed ./../interface/play_gtp.c > ./gtp-commands.texi
sed: 31: TMP.sed: unterminated substitute pattern
make[2]: *** [gtp-commands.texi] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This is with the CVS version of gtp-commands.sed, not the
new version Thi just sent. The sed on this machine is
apparently NOT GNU sed since sed --version doesn't
report any useful information. The man page has
"BSD General Commands Menu" at the top.

So there may be a portability problem with this gtp-commands.sed
on BSD Unix.

Dan