Re: [gnugo-devel] doc patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] doc patch
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:33:12 -0800

> generally (from experience w/ the very issues we see here, in
> different contexts), i feel it is better not to keep generated
> files under version control.

Having gtp-commands.texi under version control didn't
actually cause any problems here.

> wrt gtp-commands.sed, i'm sorry i didn't check its portability --
> i have/use only GNU sed.  i see the error is actually thrown for
> TMP.sed, generated from gtp-commands.sed.  could you post that
> file?  (perhaps the error is actually in the Makefile.am rule.)

Attached.

Dan

# gtp-commands.sed (edit in -*-shell-script-*- mode)
# Author: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>

# Look for function headers.
/\* Function: /,/^{/!d

# Remove cruft.
/^static int/d
/^{/d
/^ \*\//d
s/(char.*)//g

# Hold comment lines, deleting them from pattern space for now.
/.\*/{
 s/^..//
 s/^ //
}

# When we see the function name, merge hold space, in the process
# generating proper texinfo @cindex, @item and @verbatim formatting.
# As a bonus, the `Function' field is moved to the @item line.
# We use repeated `x' commands instead of the simpler `i' to avoid
# requiring a `d' (which would render this script non-composable).
/^gtp_/{
 s/\(.*\)/@cindex \1\
@item \1/
 s/^\(.\)Function: *\(.*\)\(Arguments:\)/: address@hidden/
 s/\
 *\(address@hidden)/ \1/g
 s/$/\
@end verbatim/
 s/.*//
 s/\
//2
}

# gtp-commands.sed ends here
s,gtp_aa_confirm_safety,aa_confirm_safety,g
s,gtp_accurate_approxlib,accurate_approxlib,g
s,gtp_accuratelib,accuratelib,g
s,gtp_advance_random_seed,advance_random_seed,g
s,gtp_all_legal,all_legal,g
s,gtp_all_move_values,all_move_values,g
s,gtp_analyze_eyegraph,analyze_eyegraph,g
s,gtp_analyze_semeai,analyze_semeai,g
s,gtp_analyze_semeai_after_move,analyze_semeai_after_move,g
s,gtp_attack,attack,g
s,gtp_attack_either,attack_either,g
s,gtp_playblack,black,g
s,gtp_block_off,block_off,g
s,gtp_set_boardsize,boardsize,g
s,gtp_break_in,break_in,g
s,gtp_captures,captures,g
s,gtp_clear_board,clear_board,g
s,gtp_clear_cache,clear_cache,g
s,gtp_what_color,color,g
s,gtp_combination_attack,combination_attack,g
s,gtp_combination_defend,combination_defend,g
s,gtp_connect,connect,g
s,gtp_countlib,countlib,g
s,gtp_cputime,cputime,g
s,gtp_decrease_depths,decrease_depths,g
s,gtp_defend,defend,g
s,gtp_defend_both,defend_both,g
s,gtp_disconnect,disconnect,g
s,gtp_does_attack,does_attack,g
s,gtp_does_defend,does_defend,g
s,gtp_does_surround,does_surround,g
s,gtp_dragon_data,dragon_data,g
s,gtp_dragon_status,dragon_status,g
s,gtp_dragon_stones,dragon_stones,g
s,gtp_draw_search_area,draw_search_area,g
s,gtp_dump_stack,dump_stack,g
s,gtp_echo,echo,g
s,gtp_echo_err,echo_err,g
s,gtp_estimate_score,estimate_score,g
s,gtp_eval_eye,eval_eye,g
s,gtp_experimental_score,experimental_score,g
s,gtp_eye_data,eye_data,g
s,gtp_final_score,final_score,g
s,gtp_final_status,final_status,g
s,gtp_final_status_list,final_status_list,g
s,gtp_findlib,findlib,g
s,gtp_finish_sgftrace,finish_sgftrace,g
s,gtp_fixed_handicap,fixed_handicap,g
s,gtp_followup_influence,followup_influence,g
s,gtp_genmove,genmove,g
s,gtp_genmove_black,genmove_black,g
s,gtp_genmove_white,genmove_white,g
s,gtp_get_connection_node_counter,get_connection_node_counter,g
s,gtp_get_handicap,get_handicap,g
s,gtp_get_komi,get_komi,g
s,gtp_get_life_node_counter,get_life_node_counter,g
s,gtp_get_owl_node_counter,get_owl_node_counter,g
s,gtp_get_random_seed,get_random_seed,g
s,gtp_get_reading_node_counter,get_reading_node_counter,g
s,gtp_get_trymove_counter,get_trymove_counter,g
s,gtp_gg_undo,gg-undo,g
s,gtp_gg_genmove,gg_genmove,g
s,gtp_half_eye_data,half_eye_data,g
s,gtp_list_commands,help,g
s,gtp_increase_depths,increase_depths,g
s,gtp_initial_influence,initial_influence,g
s,gtp_is_legal,is_legal,g
s,gtp_is_surrounded,is_surrounded,g
s,gtp_kgs_genmove_cleanup,kgs-genmove_cleanup,g
s,gtp_known_command,known_command,g
s,gtp_set_komi,komi,g
s,gtp_ladder_attack,ladder_attack,g
s,gtp_last_move,last_move,g
s,gtp_set_level,level,g
s,gtp_limit_search,limit_search,g
s,gtp_list_commands,list_commands,g
s,gtp_list_stones,list_stones,g
s,gtp_loadsgf,loadsgf,g
s,gtp_move_influence,move_influence,g
s,gtp_move_probabilities,move_probabilities,g
s,gtp_move_reasons,move_reasons,g
s,gtp_move_uncertainty,move_uncertainty,g
s,gtp_move_history,move_history,g
s,gtp_name,name,g
s,gtp_estimate_score,new_score,g
s,gtp_set_orientation,orientation,g
s,gtp_owl_attack,owl_attack,g
s,gtp_owl_connection_defends,owl_connection_defends,g
s,gtp_owl_defend,owl_defend,g
s,gtp_owl_does_attack,owl_does_attack,g
s,gtp_owl_does_defend,owl_does_defend,g
s,gtp_owl_substantial,owl_substantial,g
s,gtp_owl_threaten_attack,owl_threaten_attack,g
s,gtp_owl_threaten_defense,owl_threaten_defense,g
s,gtp_place_free_handicap,place_free_handicap,g
s,gtp_play,play,g
s,gtp_popgo,popgo,g
s,gtp_printsgf,printsgf,g
s,gtp_protocol_version,protocol_version,g
s,gtp_query_boardsize,query_boardsize,g
s,gtp_query_orientation,query_orientation,g
s,gtp_quit,quit,g
s,gtp_reg_genmove,reg_genmove,g
s,gtp_report_uncertainty,report_uncertainty,g
s,gtp_reset_connection_node_counter,reset_connection_node_counter,g
s,gtp_reset_life_node_counter,reset_life_node_counter,g
s,gtp_reset_owl_node_counter,reset_owl_node_counter,g
s,gtp_reset_reading_node_counter,reset_reading_node_counter,g
s,gtp_reset_search_mask,reset_search_mask,g
s,gtp_reset_trymove_counter,reset_trymove_counter,g
s,gtp_restricted_genmove,restricted_genmove,g
s,gtp_same_dragon,same_dragon,g
s,gtp_set_free_handicap,set_free_handicap,g
s,gtp_set_random_seed,set_random_seed,g
s,gtp_set_search_diamond,set_search_diamond,g
s,gtp_set_search_limit,set_search_limit,g
s,gtp_showboard,showboard,g
s,gtp_start_sgftrace,start_sgftrace,g
s,gtp_surround_map,surround_map,g
s,gtp_tactical_analyze_semeai,tactical_analyze_semeai,g
s,gtp_test_eyeshape,test_eyeshape,g
s,gtp_time_left,time_left,g
s,gtp_time_settings,time_settings,g
s,gtp_top_moves,top_moves,g
s,gtp_top_moves_black,top_moves_black,g
s,gtp_top_moves_white,top_moves_white,g
s,gtp_tryko,tryko,g
s,gtp_trymove,trymove,g
s,gtp_tune_move_ordering,tune_move_ordering,g
s,gtp_unconditional_status,unconditional_status,g
s,gtp_undo,undo,g
s,gtp_program_version,version,g
s,gtp_playwhite,white,g
s,gtp_worm_cutstone,worm_cutstone,g