gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Modules and avoids: migrate to GNULibMode class

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Modules and avoids: migrate to GNULibMode class
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:36:46 +0400

Hi Bruno,

> I wouldn't move all actions on modules to the superclass, only those
> that need only the parameterization that is available to the superclass.
Yes, I completely lost sight of the principle on which I created GNULibMode class, so we see

> I would maybe create a class hierarchy
Sounds great! However, we really have to give a class proper name. I can suggest this way.

Old GNULibMode will be renamed to GNULibBase class to emphasize its nature: it will be used to create the most basic class and handles all methods which are necessary for every class which is created with pygnulib.
New class which operates with modules and avoids (and possibly some other data; we may have to take a decision to move some other code here if we see it is necessary) will be called GNULibMode to emphasize that it is used as the advanced version of GNULibBase. So this is base class too, but more advanced than GNULibBase. GNULibImport and GNULibTestDir will be inheritors of the GNULibMode, of course.

I think it is a very important part of our work for future, because such distinction between these classes allows users to create more flexible scripts. We may think about more correct names, however; as for me, I can't imagine more correct names, but may be you will be more fortunate. :-)