gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Modules and avoids: migrate to GNULibMode class

From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Modules and avoids: migrate to GNULibMode class
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 03:43:38 +0200

Hi Dmitriy,

> in the last message there was an error. I've looked the code for
> GNULibModule class and found that we need to implement func_lookup_file
> here. There is only one question. Since func_lookup_file returns the name
> of the module which will be used in the next calculations, I've thought
> that we can implement func_lookup_file directly in the __init__ section. Am
> I right?

WARNING: func_lookup_file is not something tied to a module. Rather, it
sits on a level below the module layer.

Witness: func_lookup_file is also used by the --copy-file option, and the
handling of --copy-file ignores modules.

I would put the implementation of func_lookup_file into a class
GNULibFileSystem, whose semantics I have described in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnulib-tool-py/2012-06/msg00005

GNULibModuleSystem can inherit from this class, or GNULibModule can contain
a reference to a GNULibModuleSystem.

Bruno