gnustep-webmasters

Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: Other observations on www.gnustep.org
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 23:25:27 +0100

Adam Fedor <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday, March 4, 2004, at 02:38 PM, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
>
>> (2) I think link "Frameworks" under the "Resources" heading is
>>     unfortunately named.  It points to a section in the
>>     "Documentation" page.  I would expect it to point to a list
>>     of frameworks, with a short description.
>>
> I've wanted to make the links correspond more closely, but I haven't
> had time yet.

No hurry :-)  You are doing enough already.

>> (5) I do not like the format of the FAQ.
>>     Every section (which are generally speaking very short)
>>     is followed by a line
>>     [ < ] [ > ] [ << ] [ Up ] [ >> ]  [Top][Contents][Index][ ? ]
>>     Which I find distracting.  I think it looks a lot better
>>     without these lines and I do not think they add a lot.
>>
> Well, that's the standard texi2html translator.  Perhaps it's possible
> to change, but I don't know

I briefly looked at the documentation and the following seems to be possible:

* Generate one html file containing everything
  This is easy, just use the monolithic flag.

* Configure the navigation panels
  It seems that texi2html.init file gives some room for
  configuring how to generate the navigation menus.  I think
  you can put them off, but well,  it is my *first* look at it.

* Allow some configuration of the heading of the generated html file
  Although this seems very limited I am not sure if you can use this
  to use the stylesheet.

I could take a look at point 1 and 2 if you think it is an improvement.
Point 3 as well, but I have never used any stylesheets before so
this would cost me more time.

Wim Oudshoorn.