gpsd-dev

Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: [gpsd-dev] Bernd's CheckFunc Fix
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:50:38 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017, Fred Wright wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2017, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
[...]
> > Wild guess: qt was compiled with the option on linux.
>
> Not-so-wild guess:  The change to compiler.h to make it use the C++11
> version of atomics rendered it incapable of building for C++11 within an
> 'extern "C"'.  At present, that only happens in the Qt build.  Forcing
> C++98 helps by making it *not* C++11.

Interestingly enough, on Fedora 25, forcing C++98 just traded one set of
problems for another, creating a whole bunch of errors compiling some
Qt-related headers.  However, after fixing the C++11 issues, it builds
fine with Qt using the default C++11 mode.

It still builds on Travis in the current C++98 mode, but I don't know if
there would be similar issues with the Qt headers in C++11 mode.

Fred Wright