gpsd-dev

Re: scons clean, regress driver

From: Fred Wright
Subject: Re: scons clean, regress driver
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:02:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2021, Hal Murray wrote:
fw@fwright.net said:
I did that years ago - it's the 'build-all' target.  The intent was to
provide a way to verify that all the tests build successfully without
actually running them, but it should work for your case as well (as long  as
it hasn't suffered from bit rot).

Thanks.

I tried it.  It built something, but it didn't setup regress-driver or test/
so my script doesn't run.

It looks like this is due to its not being updated for the buildtmp reshuffle. It also looks like specifying any test logfile as a target works to copy it to the buildtmp instance, but that doesn't work for regress-driver itself. So the current workaround is:

        scons <options> build-all test/daemon/*.log*
        cp -p regress-driver buildtmp/

There is a help type text string on the top of SConstruct
It doesn't mention build-all
I couldn't get scons to print it (or anything like it)
 scons --help gives me a page or 6 of gpsd build options
 scons -H gives me a page or 2 of scons options

There's nothing that lists all the possible targets, though grepping for 'env.Alias' will give you a pretty good idea. :-)

Fred Wright