gpsd-dev

Re: scons clean, regress driver

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: scons clean, regress driver
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:54:36 -0700

Yo Fred!

On Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:02:30 -0700 (PDT)
Fred Wright <fw@fwright.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2021, Hal Murray wrote:
> > fw@fwright.net said:
> >> I did that years ago - it's the 'build-all' target.  The intent
> >> was to provide a way to verify that all the tests build
> >> successfully without actually running them, but it should work for
> >> your case as well (as long  as it hasn't suffered from bit rot).
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I tried it.  It built something, but it didn't setup regress-driver
> > or test/ so my script doesn't run.
>
> It looks like this is due to its not being updated for the buildtmp
> reshuffle.  It also looks like specifying any test logfile as a
> target works to copy it to the buildtmp instance, but that doesn't
> work for regress-driver itself.  So the current workaround is:
>
>       scons <options> build-all test/daemon/*.log*
>       cp -p regress-driver buildtmp/

No need to do that.

        # scons -c
        # scons check
        # cd buildtmp

If you don't want to wait for the "scons check" to finish, ^C out
of it.  But I really wish you always run them.

> > There is a help type text string on the top of SConstruct
> > It doesn't mention build-all
> > I couldn't get scons to print it (or anything like it)
> >  scons --help gives me a page or 6 of gpsd build options
> >  scons -H gives me a page or 2 of scons options
>
> There's nothing that lists all the possible targets, though grepping
> for 'env.Alias' will give you a pretty good idea. :-)

NOr do I want to support the internal targets.  It is easier if they
are not part of the API, so they can be modified.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588